Wednesday 27 May 2015

Decorated file folders !!

Hello all you lovely people out there, Tracy here with today's mixed media Wednesday for The Mixed Media Mojo design team.....

I was recently involved in a 'Happy Mail' swap with some ladies in the USA and we had to send a decorated envelope with some goodies inside for the recipients. I didn't have any envelopes big enough for the items I wanted to send so decided to decorate some file folders and use those as my envelopes...


I started by gessoing the folders on all sides, once dry I started adding random colours of acrylic paint covering all of the outsides of the folders. 


I continued by adding some stamping and stencilling and painted in some circles to add interest. I then painted in a white panel on the front for my address label....


I used a white gel pen to add some finer details like highlighting the stars and scribbling some words into the background. 


I finished off by using a photocopy of  a previous red haired girl from one of my journals cutting her out and gluing her down on the front of my file folder. I finished off by going over the whole thing with matt medium to seal everything and make it more hard wearing for the long journey across the pond. 

This was such a fun project to do and I can let you know now that the recipients were over the moon with their decorated file folders and even better they can recycle them into a storage solution for their 'most important' papers of course. 

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope I have inspired you to give this great project a try

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
X

2 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous! Thanx for sharing the process! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Tracy? Which white gel pen was it! Asking cos, when I did something similar and sealed it with Claudia Hellmuth matte medium, my white Uniball smudged!

    ReplyDelete